MBA Summer Associate - Corporate Strategy
Employment Type: Intern or Other Job Types
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
What is Acelerada?
The Corporate Strategy team sits with the new Acelerada Business Unit. In Spanish, Acelerada means “to move faster” and “impatience”, which is an appropriate name for this new business unit! It is our purpose to transform and disrupt the bakery and snack industries through new go-to market strategies, embracing new channels of distribution, developing new approaches to the business, and through the use of technology. The Corporate Strategy team collaborates with Acelerada and the core BBUSA business and brands to solve cross-functional challenges.
What we’re looking for:
Do ideas excite you? Do you like problem solving? Are you a connecter with strong intuition? When you see a blank sheet of paper, do you feel energized or paralyzed?
We are building something new and are looking for results-driven, creative people who like to win as a team. Positive attitude in the face of adversity is paramount. Must be able to sell ideas and get things done. Have proven business acumen. Oh, and no lone rangers here – we win as a team or lose as a team.
Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for an MBA Summer Associate in Corporate Strategy to solve well-defined strategic problems within new industry categories, marketing, sales and/or operations.
The program will provide the following opportunities:
· Meaningful project work. Projects will have a well-defined strategic goal and produce actionable results that are integral to the business. Past projects include strategic market analysis and entry strategy, asset strategy and financial modeling, and product portfolio/pricing optimization.
· Exposure to company operations. Summer Associates will have opportunities to experience BBU's ground-level operations, including visits to commercial bakeries, sales/delivery route rides and retailer market tours.
· Access to senior executives. Summer Associates will interact with senior executives throughout the company and present their project analysis and recommendations to C-level executives.
First year MBA students with experience in management consulting, strategic planning/corporate strategy or product management in consumer products industry. Looking for three or more years work experience overall. Experience with consumer packaged goods and/or large retailers preferred.
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
· Demonstrated problem solving ability, including strong conceptual and analytical skills and ability to turn findings into executable plans
· Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis and develop and implement new methodologies and analyses to drive actionable results
· Comfortable working on broad assignments, breaking down “big picture” questions and problems into smaller components along the way
· Proven experience leading cross-functional teams to results
· Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
· Ability to manage multiple projects, adjust priorities as needed, and meet deadlines
· Ability to influence across the organization at multiple levels
· Excellent written, oral, and formal communication skills
· Advanced capability in use of spreadsheets, databases and presentation tools
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.