Employment Type: Intern or Other Job Types
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Bimbo Bakeries USA Marketing Co-Op program is a dynamic 6-month
program that affords students a remarkable opportunity to participate in
fast-paced real world projects designed to further develop strategic project
management, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills.
Mentors will be designated to guide Co-Op collaborations and project work in
each area. Marketing Co-Ops support Bimbo Bakeries in the development and
execution of marketing plans.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Learn and use internal and syndicated databases to provide weekly
and monthly brand performance reports to leadership to influence future
- Plan and execute offline consumer promotion efforts, including
cross-brand initiatives, external partner programs, couponing and
- Support Brand Manager in day-to-day creative agency management
and internal legal & management approvals.
- Work closely
with agencies and cross- functional partners, including sales and operations,
on implementation of marketing programs.
- Perform monthly product scoring with cross-functional partners to
ensure in-market product quality is within spec.
- Develop strategy and rationale for new brand initiatives,
including justification for investment needed (e.g. marketing expense).
- Monitor and report on each programs’ results, making
recommendations for future promotions.
- Act as a passionate advocate for the Brands in every way possible.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree
Program in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or other
- Previous co-op/internship experience
- Experience/familiarity with all Microsoft
applications (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate should
be capable of initiating and maintaining strong interpersonal
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to generate business
insights from diverse data sources
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, juggle several projects
- Self-motivation and a desire to learn a very interesting and
- Ability to work in a team work environment to achieve outlined
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.