Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work for Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Merchandiser:
- Introductory position within the sales department with opportunities to grow
- Competitive starting wages: $13.00 per hour
- Mileage reimbursement
- PTO according to company policy
- 401K eligible
- BBU specific wellness and discount program available
Merchandiser Position Summary:
The BBU Merchandiser is responsible for merchandising fresh bakery products in local customer’s locations to ensure adequate product availability on the shelf and on displays.
Merchandiser Key Position Responsibilities:
- Works in accordance with all safety rules and procedures
- Maintain appropriate product levels and display locations throughout the customer’s account
- Maintain clean and organized back-room inventory of product
- Meet customer service expectations through communication, problem resolution and follow-up with BBU leadership
- Maintain a professional, team relationship with co-workers and customers
- Maintain World Class merchandising standards while rotating product
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Shift for Hire:
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off vary
- Shift Start Time: Approximately 5:00 am
- This is a part-time position scheduling up to 29 hours per week
The Ideal Qualifications for the Merchandiser are:
- High School diploma/GED preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- 1 year of general work experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. overhead and push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs. of force
- Must be able to follow written instructions in English
- Must be able to stack product according to sales center stacking procedures
- Must possess basic math skills
- Must be 18 years or older
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.