Route Sales Representative
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work for Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Route Sales Representative (Relief):
- Great introductory sales position with growth opportunities
- Competitive starting pay, paid weekly, and the ability to "build your brand" in order to increase wages
- Amazing Medical/Dental with very low weekly deductions
- Stable Union position with pension for retirement
- BBU specific wellness and discount programs available
Route Sales Representative (Relief) Position Summary:
The Route Sales Representative (Relief) represents BBU in the market, selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions. Through world class market execution, the Route Sales Representative’s primary focus is to maximize sales to customers through strong customer relationships, good business practices that drive profitable sales growth, and provide incidental sales-related service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
Route Sales Representative (Relief) Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provides vacation relief for Route Sales Professionals
- Assists Route Sales Professionals in all facets of route operational activity, including ordering / distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning, and meeting customer expectations.
- Assists RSP's and BBU support group with route splits and route productivity.
- Delivers fresh product to existing customers on open routes until new RSPs are trained.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers, ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers
- Drive in store excellence by selling displays to drive incremental sales, ensuring racks are set in accordance with customer guidelines, and the seamless execution of promotions
- Investigate, create and follow through on all growth opportunities including soliciting new customers to grow market share on strategic brands by selling and supporting incremental displays and the generation of new leads to solicit new business within the route territory
- Execution of world class merchandising and proper rotation of all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our products
- Introduces new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers
- Responsible for taking and maintaining proper inventory counts and placing product orders using a hand held device as well as servicing customers in accordance with customers’ established service frequency patterns
- Drives company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck
- Correctly completes DOT logs and submits other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule for hire:
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Wednesday and Sunday off
- Start time: Approximately 3:00 am (flexible)
- Overtime as needed
Ideal Qualifications for the Route Sale Representative (Relief) are:
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Previous experience in route sales is a plus
- Excellent customer service abilities required and account management skills a plus.
- Strong work ethic; able to work independently
- Ability to professionally communicate, written and oral with external and internal customers
- Computer skills and proficiency is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required and must be able to obtain and retain a DOT medical card.
- D.O.T. certification may be required in compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must have safe driving record and pass Company driving test.
- Must be 21 years of age per D.O.T. Regulations.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis, as well as routinely enter and exit a delivery vehicle.
- Must be able to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as well as perform frequent reaching and use of fingers.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.